Look me in the eye  

Sunday 14 September 2008

Could you look me in the eye,
And tell me that you’re content?
Could you tell me honestly,
That you’re happy with the present?

I know I’m not always right
But I have a strong feeling
That you’re not who you were
Your smiles you are stealing

You’ve found someone else
And I hope it works out
I hope your friendship is strong
Coz that’s what life’s about

I hope your smile is true
And the spark in your eye is real
But I have so many doubts
I know that you can conceal

Is it just, one big show?
For the entire world to see?
To show them you’ve moved on?
And that you don’t need to flee?

Remember I knew you best
I see more than the outside
I knew you deeper than most,
Coz I knew you on the inside

by : Sarah L Costello

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Look me in the eye